Leadership and learning support for educators
There are many challenges and ever increasing accountabilities now facing schools such as the roll out of the Australian Curriculum, (in NSW through the new K-10 Board of Studies Teaching and Educational Standards syllabuses), national testing, the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and various school funding models. Schools are expected to constantly improve their performance, manage a variety of issues, respond to community concerns and educate our students so that they reach their potential.
In order to improve student performance, teachers need to have access to first class, evidenced based, professional learning. Research such as Fullan, suggests that this professional learning needs to be sustained and focused (2007).
With more than 30 years experience working in a variety of roles within the Department of Education, Ann Leaf is your expert partner in scoping new learning pathways based on your unique context and needs. Ann Leaf LearningScope supports staff in developing practical solutions and strategies for the many challenges they face, underpinned by the belief that first rate professional learning is at the heart of improved performance in any learning organisation.
Leaf, A., & Odhiambo, G. (2017). The deputy principal instructional leadership role and professional learning: Perceptions of secondary principals, deputies and teachers. Journal of Educational Administration, 55(1), 33-48.
- Leaf, A. (2016). Instructional leadership: How might it look in an effective secondary school. NEXUS CIRCLE, September, p. 8-9.
- Leaf, A. (2016). Applying student performance data to classroom practice. NEXUS CIRCLE, October, p 7-8.
- Evaluating & auditing assessment tasks
- Evaluating NAPLAN & HSC data
- Applying strategies from NAPLAN data
- Embedding literacy into assessment
- Embedding QT into assessment
- NAPLAN Writing Test marking training
- Developing rich assessment tasks
- Addressing the K-10 syllabuses
- Embedding QT into teaching and learning
- Embedding literacy into pedagogy
- Catering for gifted and talented students
BUILDING LEADERSHIP CAPACITY
- Developing a deeper understanding of leadership & management
- Building staff leadership capacity
- Designing whole school PL plans
- Coaching and mentoring all teachers