Transforming school performance and leadership
With more than 30 years experience working in a variety of roles within the Department of Education, Ann Leaf is your expert partner in scoping new learning pathways based on your unique context and needs. Ann Leaf LearningScope supports staff in developing practical solutions and strategies for the many challenges they face, underpinned by the belief that first rate professional learning is at the heart of improved performance in any learning organisation.
Endorsed NESA provider (No. P11948)
Completing Developing school leaders: From instructional leadership theory to practice workshop will contribute 14 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing Standards 2.5.4, 5.4.4, 6.3.4, 6.4.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Lead Teacher accreditation in NSW.
Leaf, A., & Odhiambo, G. (2017). The deputy principal instructional leadership role and professional learning: Perceptions of secondary principals, deputies and teachers. Journal of Educational Administration, 55(1), 33-48.
- Leaf, A. (2016). Instructional leadership: How might it look in an effective secondary school? NEXUS CIRCLE, September, p. 8-9.
- Leaf, A. (2016). Applying student performance data to classroom practice. NEXUS CIRCLE, October, p 7-8.
Below is a summary of professional learning support available to your school.
- Addressing the K-10 syllabuses
- Improving student writing with NESA endorsed workshop: A Beginner’s Guide to Grammar to Improve Writing K-12
- Embedding QT into teaching and learning
- Embedding literacy into pedagogy
- Catering for gifted and talented students
BUILDING LEADERSHIP CAPACITY
- Developing a deeper understanding of leadership & management with BOSTES endorsed workshop: Developing school leaders: From instructional leadership theory to practice
- Building staff leadership capacity
- Designing whole school PL plans
- Coaching and mentoring all teachers